Thursday 28 January 2016

How I Spent the Holidays, by Marco

Dear cousin, 

Thank you very much for your previous letter and I am very sorry for not writing to you sooner. I lost track of time because of the monthly school projects and tests. This time, however, I'm writing to tell you how I spent the last religious holiday, Christmas.

As ordinary holiday-makers, my family and I had to decide where and with whom we would spend the holidays. In the end, we spent Christmas Day here with the whole family. Everybody was thrilled to bits! We opened our presents, exchanged hugs and kisses and ate turkey for dinner. Everybody said that the food was great! My grandma was very happy about that because she had prepared the food.

The next day we had to pack our suitcases and go to my grandmother's home town, Karditsa, where we spent the night. We eventually left Karditsa and spent three nights in a cozy chalet in a picturesque village up in the mountains of Elati. There, we made new friends and exchanged phone numbers. We spent New Year's Eve with the family in Karditsa and had a great time all together! On 4th January, we returned to London where I started studying hard for school and my language lessons.

So that's all for now. Please tell me how you spent Christmas. 

Best wishes,
Marco

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...